The Sport Diving is a set of individual or group competitive events, which need of a technical, tactical and specific psycho-physical conditions, based on scuba diving abilities, skills and equipment, develop in swimming pool, regulated and institutionalized within by the Underwater Activities.
- 1998-2000: Sport Diving was born in Spain (in the city of Zaragoza) created by Marifé Abad (athlete and diving instructor). The idea came from the design of the test M 300 meters (1998) by the President of the Aragonese Federation of Underwater Activities (FARAS) diving instructor Ángel Martínez Lardiés. Other big names that are part of the first team are Eduardo Bello and Mrs. Davinia Uriel.
- 2000: The first competition in Zaragoza (Spain).
- 2005: The sport was introduced in the General Assembly that the World Underwater Federation (CMAS), Seville (Spain)
- 2007: Demonstration Sport in Bari (Italy) in the Games of the World Underwater Activities.
- 2007: The meeting of Marife Abbot and Anna Herznova.(President of the Sports Committee in CMAS). Boards established the foundations of the new sport. Anna Herznova promotes it in CMAS.
- 2008: CMAS approved by the Assembly in Hurghada (Egypt) and included in their statutes.
- 2009: The first International Diving Committee chaired by Ms. Marife Abad in Pukhet (Thailand)